'Hana' means flower in Japanese. The hana bag is folded many times before sewing and draws upon the Japanese art of origami ( paper folding) for its inspiration and design. When you pull the drawstrings together to close this bag the petals will emerge, like a flower saluting the sun.
The hana bag is approx 25cm across and 23cm down.
When the draw strips are open it lays flat. Its folds give it shallow external pockets as well as the inside of the bag itself.
As each item is handmade the exact one you receive may be ever so slightly different to the one pictured.
Meet Birnbeck Design
Harriet Wilkins (Birnbeck Design): 'I was taught to sew by my mum at an early age and have been sewing on and off ever since. I am currently specialising in practical bags that are a little bit different, made from beautiful fabrics. I am inspired by Japanese design in particular and this collection of 'hanu' ( which means flower in Japanese) bags reflects this. I am a passionate upcycler so many of my bags may feature fabrics and beads that began their life as an item of clothing.'
View all products by Birnbeck Design here.
FREE UK DELIVERY
- All orders include free Royal Mail 1st class delivery.
- Your order will be dispatched within 3 working days
- Need your order quicker? Please call Danny on 07426 687 208 and we will do all we can to help.
- Handmade & printed to order items will be dispatched once work is complete, please check product description.
- Bristol customers can call Danny 07426 687 208 if you would like to collect your order from our Bristol office.
International delivery can be arranged for most products on The Bristol Shop, we've delivered hundreds of products throughout the world over the years, if you would like something delivered outside of the UK please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to arrange this extra service for you.