Adge Cutler died on his way home from a gig in 1974, at a time when a major TV breakthrough was within his grasp but before his group the Wurzels reached the top of the charts. The Wurzels continue to pack venues all over the West Country and beyond, with Adge’s band-mates Tommy Banner and Pete Budd still flourishing – but what of the man who set the whole Scrumpy and Western scene under way?
This, the long-overdue first Adge Cutler biography, brings him vividly back to life, not only in his eight crazy Wurzels years but from early days in his beloved Nailsea to the lively camaraderie of Portishead B power station’s labourers, the thriving Bristol jazz and folk scenes of the Fifties and Sixties and his spell as Acker Bilk’s ‘worst roadie in the world’. All played their part in moulding his unique talent.
Paperback, ISBN:9781909446014 Size: 140mm (w) x 215mm (h) Pages: 176
Meet BRISTOL BOOKS CIC
Bristol Books CIC is a not-for-profit Community Interest Company that publishes important and untold stories about lives, communities, places and events that have significance and interest in Bristol and the surrounding area.
John Hudson is the author, compiler or editor of more than thirty books of social history, regional interest and biography.
View all products by Bristol Books CIC here.
FREE UK DELIVERY
- All orders include free Royal Mail 1st class delivery.
- Your order will be dispatched within 3 working days
- Need your order quicker? Please call Danny on 07426 687 208 and we will do all we can to help.
- Handmade & printed to order items will be dispatched once work is complete, please check product description.
- Bristol customers can call Danny 07426 687 208 if you would like to collect your order from our Bristol office.
International delivery can be arranged for most products on The Bristol Shop, we've delivered hundreds of products throughout the world over the years, if you would like something delivered outside of the UK please email email@example.com and we will be happy to arrange this extra service for you.